We love working with Magento because it has some fantastic benefits and powerful features which makes it one of the best eCommerce solutions on the market today.
Magento is specifically built for eCommerce and comes preloaded with many features and specifications needed to set up a functional eCommerce website. This is what makes it one of the best eCommerce platforms available to date.
Our team has extensive Magento experience and knowledge as we have been working with Magento for nearly a decade. We have worked with many different platforms in the past, and in our opinion, Magento is by far best!
If you are thinking of changing platform or starting a serious business – where you can see the future possibilities of growth – then we would recommend investing in Magento.
Our team has been working with Magento for the last 10 years and have a world of knowledge in Magento deveopment, theming, modifying, hosting and maintaining Magento sites.
Here are some of the reasons why we favour to work with Magento from a technical viewpoint.
Extension library and community support
Magento Connect, the extension library, provides many pre-built solutions – to further extend the available features to match any specific needs for your business. Being open source, Magento also has a strong community base, where most common issues are discussed and resolved quickly.
Easy to integrate with third party systems
In addition to linking to payment gateways and shipping carriers, Magento allows us to build or integrate other solutions. With an extensive API, it allows you to connect to external apps or plugins such as eBay, Paypal, MailChimp, Google Shopping, QuickBooks, and much more. Unlike many other eCommerce platforms you won’t be in the hands of the service provider. The secure and flexible web service features which come with Magento are definitely an added advantage when comparing other eCommerce solutions.
Multiple stores and multi language features
You can run multiple websites with one common backend – this means that all data can be accessed by one panel. Magento also supports multiple currencies and tax rates as well as customization of your site in local languages.
Here is a list of some of the standard supported features in more detail:
- Secure password protected administration area from which to manage your products, customer data and settings.
- The ability to add, edit and remove products, categories and sub-categories instantly and at will.
- Product sorting, copying and moving between all categories and sub-categories within your store.
- Unlimited number of images per product, including auto-resizing of images to create thumbnails and pop-up/zoomed images.
- A detailed source of information on all your customers such as location, email address and other contact details.
- Cross selling functionality such as “Customers who bought “X” also bought…”, related products and matching items.
- Data export options enabling you to save all your customer and order records to CSV (Microsoft Excel) files which can in turn be imported into most accounting software packages.
- Full history of all orders placed by your customers.
- Option to print invoices, archive old orders and send order updates to your customers automatically by email.
- Banner management.
- Stock management including email alerts based on stock levels
- Management of discount vouchers and coupons enabling you to define the voucher code, whether the discount is a percentage or whole figure, the “valid from” and “valid” to date, how many uses per customers and even which customers can use it.
- Discount product bundles
- Best sellers categories
- Special offers categories
- Support for downloadable/virtual products
- Full control over product attributes, for example size and colour choices
- Secure customer accounts from which your users can view their previous orders, update their delivery information and manage other aspects of their saved preferences.
- Full search and browse functionality for your customers including simple and advanced options.
- Email products to a friend
- Customer wish lists enabling registered users to save their favourite items for purchase later on.
- Customer product reviews
- Multiple checkout options for your customers such as creating an account and “Fast checkout” without creating an account.
- Support for customised postage rates based on weight, staggered prices, flat fees and unique for locations around the world.
- Support for 85 payment gateways, including the most popular such as: PayPal, Protx, Barclays, HSBC, Worldpay and SecureTrading.
- Optional extra for SSL encryption to increase customer confidence. Ask a member of our team for more information.
- Blog system seamlessly integrated into your bespoke design.
Key user benefits
You can find out a bit more about Magento and the key user benefits on our eCommerce page.
Or if you’d like to find out more about Magento, please visit magento.com