I like things to be clear – and I found Bitbucket’s teams, groups, permissions etc a bit confusing. So, after a big look, here’s my notes:
- Are owned by a user or a team.
- Users can be granted read/write/admin access to a repo.
- Groups can be granted read/write/admin access to a repo.
- I think I can only grant group rights to groups I’m either in or in teams I’m admin of.
- Members can be added to a team.
- Members must be in one or more groups.
- Are created in a team.
- Team members must be in at least one group.
- Are given access of read/write/admin to repos.
- Are given team permissions to manage/create repos/none for the team.
- Are given default permissions for new repos (which can be changed after).
Hope these basic points help!